So does this TV work with the TAlkback screen reader?
So that one can navigate channels, look at the program guide.
    Does it also allo allow access to things like Netflics, etc.

From: Dane Trethowan
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:07 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Sony Android TV Was Apple TV 4th Gen

Set Top Boxes running Android are everywhere, there’s even a Remix Mini TV
version which you can use.

As I said earlier the Android TV is exactly that, a TV running Android Lollypop
with all the stuff a TV should have - Electronic Programme guide etc - with the
usual stuff, dedicated Netflix and Youtube functions, dedicated Google
Chromecast streaming, facilities to use Apps from the Play store, Voice search
and so on.

The system is without its flaws of course, I believe that the Electronic
Programme Guide is a little difficult to access for example but I’m hoping that
perhaps their may be a workaround so one thing at a time, I’m hoping to have
the TV in around 3 weeks from now.

> On 18 Feb 2016, at 2:04 AM, Mary Otten <maryot...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> No, the boxes I'm talking about are set-top boxes, not full tvs. The
> Shield, which is the most expensive of the lot, runs $200 or so. The
> nexus is the original one from google, and rumor has it that a new one
> will be forthcoming this year. It was selling quite cheap over here a
> few months back, on clearance, I suspect. And the Metracom, or however
> it is spelled, runs around $100 or a tad less on amazon. My husband
> actually bought one of them, because he wanted to experiment with Kody.
> Again, these are strictly set top boxes, more like the Apple tv in that
> respect, rather than being a full tv set. How android tv may differ in
> these boxes from android tv in your set, I have no idea. Both the
> shield and the metracom are advertised as coming with lolly pop version
> of android tv, so it seems like they should be the same, just based on
> that, and supposedly the two newer devices are in line for the upgrade
> to android 6.0.
>
> Mary

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.