Well Humberto, I forgot all about Tapin. I tried it once and found it a bit more complicated to get setup than TR and just kind of gave up on it, but this might either be a possible alternative, or at least something to try.

Nevertheless, I am still holding out for a solution that renders TR the once reliable program it once was. So if there any further suggestions, I certainly will be grateful.

Thanks,

Larry

On 2/21/2016 9:24 AM, Humberto Rodriguez wrote:
Hello Harry:

I don't think there is a way for the provider of the stream to tell whether or
not it is being recorded, much less to do something about it.

Have no idea why Total Recorder would stop recording unless it is the
disconnecting of the stream, the only thing I can suggest is for you to try
using another program, such as Tapin Radio, and see what happens.

Humberto

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Larry Higgins
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 5:09 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: A most vexing and frustrating with TotalRecorder

Listers,

Please search your memories and tell me if you have encountered this
problem. But before I get to the problem, which might be obvious by this
question. Is it possible for an administrator to be able to tell if you
are recording a stream as apposed to simply listening to the stream on a
program like Winamp, or any other player for that matter?

The problem I am having is even after setting a scheduled session for
recording a particular program, TR will record for a few minutes, maybe
20 or 30, and though the recording is continuing, at least it appears
that way, the audio simply stops being input to the potential recorded
product.

I have set the program up to reconnect to the stream in an unlimited
fashion, but this simply does no good, I still rarely get a complete
recording, at least not for the past few weeks.

This is a recent Phenomena. I have been making weekly recordings of this
program for many years, and have never experienced anything quite like this.

If anybody could please give me any insight into just what might be
taking place here, it would really be greatly appreciated. It really has
me pulling what is left of my hair completely out!

Sure hope to hear from someone soon, this is maddening!

Larry