They are connected properly, because they snap in securely. Phantom power is not the issue, because they do not work even with phantom power on.

Rich De Steno

On 3/15/2016 7:26 AM, Brian Olesen wrote:
Hi,
They're probably not connected right in the xlr plug.
There are microphones that needs phantom power wich probably can be turned on
with a button on the mixer.

Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] På vegne af Rich De Steno
Sendt: 15. marts 2016 12:20
Til: PC Audio Discussion List
Emne: Choosing a Mixer Microphone

I recently purchased a Behringer 1202FX mixer.  I plugged several different
computer microphones into the XLR jack on channel one, but none of them work.
I hear nothing, but I do hear the line-in inputs.
What type of microphone do I need for a mixer like this.  I am only interested
in using it for speech, not music, and I don't want to spend more than I need
to.  I found nothing in the manual that excludes any particular type of
microphone, so I don't understand why these cheap computer microphones don't
work.

--
Rich De Steno