Okay I found a description for these microphones and I'll quote it below.

I suppose you use some sort of adapter plug to allow you to connect both microphones to the 3.5MM stereo external microphone socket?

Product Description
Our (MM-BSM-9) is hand-made with high quality products to ensure long life and excellent recordings! These omni- directional microphones are smaller than an eraser head of a pencil. Miniature in size each microphone element is mounted into there own durable brass capsules ( approx. 1/4" in diameter x 3/4" long). Six feet of high quality shielded microphone cable exits the rear of each capsule and are terminated into a gold plated 1/8" ( 3.5 mm) stereo plug.Each microphone capsule comes with a "Shure" premium holding clip which is removable and 360 degree rotational that can be used to attach the microphones to any convenient mounting surface. These microphones have a very naturally crisp sound, providing deep bass, smooth mid-range and clean high-range with a frequency response of typically +/-2dB. They can be easily plugged into any Minidisc, Dat or analog recorder that supplies a bias voltage of between 1.5 to 10 volts D.C. (also known as plug in power) at the microphone input jack. Excellent for the following recorders but not limited to: Edirol R9, Kodak Zi8 HD pocket video camera, Olympus DS-40, Olympus LS-10, Tascam DR-01, Tascam DR-03, Tascam DR-05, Tascam DR-07, Yamaha CX, Zoom H1, Zoom H2 and Zoom H4N.

On 7/07/2016 11:17 PM, Andy wrote:
Hi Kelbie.

I have an Olympus DS 50 and have made rather nice recordings from my farm, with all the animal sounds etc.

#It's pointless trying to record a good quality recording, using only an in-built microphone on a hand held recorder!

I purchased a pair of BSM 90 Binaural microphones, which clip onto my clothing. I think they were about £60, but the quality is fantastic, and I've actually done a couple of out and about podcasts using this set-up and I've been delighted with the quality.

So my advice is to look at a paire of binaural clip-on microphones.

Very best wishes.
Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "kelby carlson" <kelbycarl...@gmail.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 1:16 PM
Subject: Recording While Moving Around

All,

This is a rather basic question, but I haven't been able to find a
good solution. When using a digital recorder to record an environment,
sometimes I need to move around while doing so. Holding the recorder
in one hand is not always the best way to do it. Furthermore,
sometimes I need to move the recorder just slightly for various
reasons. When doing so with an internal microphone, the recorder will
catch the touch of my hand on the device; the pickup of the sound is
quite noticeable. Unfortunately the recorder i am using (Olympus DM-4)
has a tiny carrying case, but it can't readily be attached to anything
and it obscures all of the buttons.

Any suggestions anyone has would be much appreciated.

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves