To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: Recording While Moving Around

While I agree with you its better to use external microphones where you can I don't agree that good quality recordings can't be made with a recorders' built-in microphone facilities and it very much depends on the recording application or scenario involved.

I made an extremely good recording using the built-in microphones on my Olympus DM4 recorder wrapped in a windsock and placed in my shirt pocket whilst walking about the local supermarket making my purchases and I made another whilst sitting in a nice cosyeatery.

If you're doing a Podcast from your desktop then built-in microphones may well do the trick and I'mve used them in the past on my Zoom H1 which I prefer to use for that kind of work unless I'm sitting in front of the computer with the Blue Yeti, a Pop Filter and a Shockmount.