Dude this thing sounds so epic! Especially concidering it has Razberry pie on
it. Way too cool homy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 1:53 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: Article: High-end music player has a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian
inside

Yes, the Squeezebox software is exactly the same as that that came with your
Transporter, my Boom and Radios etc.
I’d love to try one but that’s the way of the world unfortunately, thankfully I
have arrangements with others so I can try radio stuff as part of my work but
nothing like this unfortunately.

> On 29 Aug 2016, at 10:04 PM, John Gurd <j.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> I see it uses Ethernet and has no wireless connection. I struggle to get a
> good Ethernet connection in my livingroom these days. My router is upstairs
> and I've used a Powerline adaptor in the past but for some reason this is no
> longer working for me.
>
> The user interface is always the issue, I haven't heard of Roon software and
> would be pleasantly surprised if it was accessible. Even web browser
> interfaces aren't necessarily going to work with screen readers. I see you
> can use it with SqueezeBox software... I wonder if that's the same interface
> as my old Transporter, which was largely accessible. Pity there isn't an easy
> way to get hold of these things and try before you buy, eh? :)
>
> John

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.