Yeah that's the other thing with these blindness things. I noted this kinda
thing with the Plextalk PTR 2. Especially after paying Sweet Watter's site a
visit. That really made me say oh come on dude seriously? The PTR2 was a missed
opportunity. They only lifted the card size to 6 gigs and well though they
clame that it can take type 2 I'm not sure. I mean a lady told me that if the
R1 hates your CF card, then the 2 would most likely do so as well. So in 2011 I
visit www.sweetwatter.com and look at a Marance PMD 671. This thing like the
PTR2 took CF cards, was from 2006 and it had USB 2. The PTR still had the 1's
1.1 USB. What? Then the PMD I notise can take any card pretty much I don't
recall a limit right now. So I said to my self oh are you kidding me right now?
Plextalk still wants 895 for the R2? When for the sake of recording you could
and in 06 could have gotten this thing and it even records in HD? Really? So
yeah I agree with you about these things being limited. Saddly the PTRs were
the most limited thus especially the 1 made obsolete when perhaps they still
could be somewhat relivent. Shame on the plextalk people. Now the Pockets I
know not much of other than that they are features limited. Also the Streem has
1 up on them in that they can play more audio formats. I think the Pockets
still only support the same 3 the PTR2 did. WAV, MP3 and Ogg Vorbus. Where the
Victors can on top of this do Flac, N4A and maybe 1 more. I can't remember. So
yeah and the real piss off especially with the PTR2 was that it's 895 for
2001/2 tech. I forget now when USB 1.1 came out. But when in 06 I read the
manual I remember saying to myself Oh are you serious? The thing still has 1.1?
Come on now. What a missed chance. It should have 2. Also get rid of the dam
limit on the cards already. The aph book port does better then this. Cause
there was a new book port at the time too I think. Don't get me wrong by the
way, just cause I'm agreeing with you I'm not sitting here and hating on the
Plextalks. No I just say shame on that Japanese company for limiting them so.
Especially considering that the PTR2 is sgtill on shelves being sold to this
very day. I wander how people aren't being driven mad with it being so 2006? So
that's my little rant on my sope box about DAISY players.