it is so weird not hearing the fading of shortwave radio

I have allways wondered what a shortwave station sounded like when it was in the same country
also nice radio nice and basy to!
<smiles>
On 9/29/2016 11:27 AM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
I sampled a station from Wagin in Western Australia - about 2100 miles away
from me - and thought I’d share it with you.
I sampled this from my new Panasonic RF2200 Vintage World Band radio and by new
I mean that I’ve just acquired one, the radio itself is around 40 years old but
now its been fully aligned and you can hear the results for yourself.
Unfortunately weather conditions around the country - as you’ll hear - are a
little unstable right now, lots of lightning etc so I think the RF2200 did a
fantastic job at reception overall.
What makes the RF2200 unique is the rotating ferrite AM antenna on the top so
you can nut out other stations in the background to an extent.
The RF2200 has very finely tuned circuits which make the radio hotter than a fire
cracker when it comes to AM reception, very reasonable on short wave and okay on FM
though not as good as many of today’s modern-Day FM radio sets though that’s to be
expected given most now use DSP technology which certainly wasn’t around 40 years ago
<smile>.
The sample was made using the microphones of the Olympus DM4 and you may notice
a little echo since the Olympus recorder was some distance away from the radio
to avoid any additional interference being added to the sample.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10565527/Panasonic%20RF2200%20ABC%20Local%20Radio%20Wagin.mp3

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10565527/Panasonic%20RF2200%20ABC%20Local%20Radio%20Wagin.mp3>

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.