The Sangean ATS909X is a fine radio and its been around for what.. 5 years now?
The radio provides good Medium-Wave performance along with superb FM
performance, one of the best radios for FM, this radio set the standard for
good FM radios today.
Sound is reasonable through its 3 inch speaker, not seller sound but very
reasonable, very good amplifier and headphone amp.
The only complaint I have about the ATS909X is its poor performance on its own
telescopic whip on the SW bands but this can easily be rectified by plugging
the supplied reel antenna into the external antenna jack, the radio then takes
off like a rocket on the Short Wave bands.
Sangean have acknowledged this fault on the SW bands with the telescopic whip,
its caused by a miss-matched ballad apparently.
Anyway to the accessibility of the radio which quite good for the most part.
The radio does have features and functions you can’t use such as entering
letters and numbers to name presets and pages of presets but it does have a
hell of a lot you can use.
For example you can set alarms with the number pad and - if you listen to FM
stations that transmit RDS info - then chances are you won’t need to set the
time as the radio uses this data - when auto time set is enabled - to set the
clock.
The Radio beeps when wrapping from top to bottom when scanning a bank, alerts
you with a double beep.
If you’re scanning through the Short Wave bands the radio beeps when you’re
entering and exiting short wave bands.
That’s a very brief overview of the radio, I did some demos of the Sangean
ATS909X 4 years ago I think it was.

> On 3 Dec. 2016, at 9:18 am, Donald L. Roberts <donald.robert...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I am writing on behalf of an acquaintance who wonders whether anyone on list
> has had experience with a Sanjean 909X especially as concerns accessibility.
> I would very much appreciate knowing your thoughts pro or con about this
> receiver because the reviews I have read have been very positive.
>

> Don Roberts

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.