McGranahan, Jamen wrote:
Well, I made the suggested change to syslog.conf to record *.info files,
but when I ran pca.pl today and installed 3 patches, I did not get a
local0.info file as I had expected. Any ideas and/or other suggestions?

Configuring syslogd can be tricky. Try this command to test you setup:

  logger -p local0.info `date`

Check what you have put into /etc/syslog.conf - make sure you've used a TAB and not spaces to separate the selector and action columns. You can show us your change to syslog.conf, too.

After modifying syslog.conf, you must tell syslogd to re-read the file. Use "pkill -HUP syslogd" under Solaris <=9, or "svcadm refresh system-log" on Solaris 10.

In the future, I will probably change the default facility/level used in pca to something that gets logged by default on a vanilla Solaris system (and make syslog logging on by default, too).

Martin.