Hi Martin,

See inline comments (denoted with DOM> /DOM>)...

Martin Paul wrote:
Don,

The issues with the patch download service on SunSolve have been fixed.

Good to hear that, as always :)

Can you please let me know if you are continuing to have issues?

All downloads of patchdiag.xref, READMEs and patches I tried worked fine.

I see a new design of the SunSolve main page (SunSolve Version 7.4.0 #1). The new "Update Account" link there shows my contract and patch entitlements correctly.

Yeah, the new version of SunSolve was released yesterday as planned.

There are some minor changes like in the side navigation frame and as you pointed out with the old "Change Contract" link now becoming "Update Account", along with changes to that the "Update Account" page. If you remember previously, after you created a new account on SunSolve you needed to log into SunSolve and accept the SLA in a browser prior to being able to download a patch via wget... This requirement has now been replaced by the "Step 5 - Register for patch download automation" section of the Update Account page. (Please note this is only for a new SOA, existing customers do not need to do anything new.)

I will have http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-240066-1 updated to reflect this later today.

There has been little or no change to the "Patches & Updates" page on SunSolve, but the SunSolve homepage has been simplified quite a lot.

The other big change is in the PatchFinder Tool - http://sunsolve.sun.com/patchfinder/. This is the tool that Brian Kidney and Slim Heilpern from our team have released and dramatically enhanced over the past 6 months.
It really is a great resource if you are searching for a specific patch.
The major new functionality in this release is:
- A "Patch Basket" that you can add patches to as you search and then download them together, via a script provided.
- The ability to resolve patch dependencies.

Why not have a look and let us know what you think?

One thing that we are considering for future releases of PatchFinder is the ability to search for whatever patches you are interested in (i.e. using the Patch Basket) and then subsequently being able to download a custom patchdiag.xref file containing those patches, so that you could then plug this into pca and let pca do your downloading & installation.

/DOM>

It seems as if no update to patchdiag.xref has been published today, as I still get yesterday's version "Oct/19/09" instead of the expected "Oct/20/09".

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=patchdiag.xref appears to be correct:

## PATCHDIAG TOOL CROSS-REFERENCE FILE AS OF Oct/20/09 ##

Can you confirm?

Thanks,
-Don

/DOM>