On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Martin Paul wrote:

> I compared them, and after sorting out those which don't apply to my
[...]
> concluded that the lists are essentially the same. So for this example,
> installing the "missingr" patches with pca will give you the same patch
> state as installing the Recommended Patch Cluster.

Thanks much for checking; I can now confirm with support that we have not
been deficient in patch application after all :).

> Of course this would make a lot of sense ..

<sigh>, life would be a lot easier if Sun made sense more often ;).

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu