<snip>

> Also, because of a horrible lack of scalability with sharing zfs
> filesystems over NFS (which I have had an open case on for well over a
> year), it takes a bit over two hours to completely reboot our x4500 servers
> with about 8000 filesystems each, which makes it rather difficult to
> schedule downtime for non-essential patching.

Paul, are there any public references you could provide to the
scalability issue you mention?  Any idea at what point this issue
begins presenting itself?

We're about to begin using (testing) ZFS+NFS for VMware ESX DataStores.
We won't be managing anywhere near to 8000 filesystems, but I'd still
like to read up on this a little bit...

(Sorry to veer this off topic from PCA, feel free to respond off list
if you'd like :)

Thanks,
Ray