Thanks Don

From: pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at [pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On Behalf
Of Don O'Malley [don.omal...@sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 10:30 AM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] patch issue

Hi,

Just to give you a quick update on this.

AFAICT we are expecting patches to be submitted to resolve CR 6797442
(fp_cache_constructor()  causes fm-capability ereports) later today.
This would mean that, assuming that no issues are discovered during test
& verification, these patches could be available as early the next 2 weeks.
The patch ids containing the fix will be 141874-05 & 141875-05.
If you have escalated this issue through the regular support channels
you may be able to get access to the patch while it is in the T-Patch
state (though this obviously comes with the caveat that the patch has
not yet completed testing and should be used with caution).

I have also flagged the issue with our Sun Alert team and they are
preparing a SunAlert for this issue.

There is another possible workaround being discussed to prevent the
constant error notification generation:
Add the following line to /kernel/drv/emlxs.conf:
fm-capable=0;
Then reboot the host.
This workaround has one side effect; it will disable all DDI FMA related
ereport, not just for "dvr-name = fp".
This is currently just a suggestion and has not yet been tested (also
you will need to reboot), so I am not advocating you use it. I'm just
sharing the information with you...

I'll pass on more information as I get it.

Best,
-Don

Dominique Frise wrote:
> Hi Don,
>
> We have about 10 Sparc servers with emlxs drivers impacted by this
> issue. In other words: we are also waiting for a fix !
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dominique
>

> Don O'Malley wrote:
>> Hi Kevin/Brian,
>>
>> As this CR has Escalations open against it there should be a patch
>> containing the fix available for it before May 2010.
>>
>> I'm not sure roughly when you could expect a fix; I'll do some
>> digging and see if I can find out.
>>
>> Best,
>> -Don
>>
>> Bliss, Kevin L wrote:
>>> I spaced that one, but that makes the delivery date way out there, I
>>> hope the SE is wrong or I will have to back out the existing patch.
>>> Thanks

>>> messages (500+ MB of them overnight). Contacted Sun Support and they