Alexander Skwar wrote:
With fixed width, post processing isn't easier (but also not harder,
of course *G*). It just LOOKS nicer, but if you're after post processing,
the looks aren't that important, I'd say.

You're right.

Right now the options to control pca's output are not very great, and my main concern was to make it LOOK nice, as 99% of the people look at the output directly instead of post-processing it. The '--format' is mainly there to add or remove columns from the output, but still make the output human readable.

It would be nice to make the output completely configurable, so the user could determine whether a human- or machine-readable output should be generated, with a free choice of column separators. It's not a request that comes up frequently, though.

Martin.