French, David wrote:
Hey, I apologize if this was already asked and I missed this before, but
what is going to happen to PCA when sunsolve is retired?    I just got
an email saying it is being retired later this year and site
decommissioned.  Since pca uses sunsolve for downloads, how will that
affect us?

Gerry Haskins confirms that the patchdiag.xref and the patch download service will remain available, so PCA will continue to work.

Modifications will be necessary, though, as URLs will change and an "Oracle.com Single Sign-On" will be required instead of the "Sun Online Account". There is a new document describing the future interface:

  http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-79-1199543.1-1

The new URLs didn't work for me in a short test. I don't have any information about a schedule regarding activation of the new service and a possible parallel phase yet.

Martin.