Hi,

I'll do my best to give you as much info as I can before the switchover from SunSolve to MOS (My Oracle Support) happens in November.

You will need to create an account in MOS and register prior to being able to download patches from getupdates.oracle.com, but I will make every effort to make the transition as simple as possible for you, by sending mails detailing what you need to do when in order to keep patches flowing through PCA.

I'm still trying to find out some of the finer details myself at the moment, but I will post mails to the PCA alias in advance of any changes prior to them going live.

There is some info in http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-79-1199543.1-1 that is really useful that folks could action now (like requesting any additional firewall rules be added to accommodate getupdates.oracle.com in advance).

More to come on this one so stay tuned!

Best,
-Don

Martin Paul wrote:
French, David wrote:
Hey, I apologize if this was already asked and I missed this before, but
what is going to happen to PCA when sunsolve is retired?    I just got
an email saying it is being retired later this year and site
decommissioned.  Since pca uses sunsolve for downloads, how will that
affect us?

Gerry Haskins confirms that the patchdiag.xref and the patch download service will remain available, so PCA will continue to work.

Modifications will be necessary, though, as URLs will change and an "Oracle.com Single Sign-On" will be required instead of the "Sun Online Account". There is a new document describing the future interface:

  http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-79-1199543.1-1

The new URLs didn't work for me in a short test. I don't have any information about a schedule regarding activation of the new service and a possible parallel phase yet.

Martin.

--

Don O'Malley
Manager,Patch System Test