From: pca [mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On Behalf Of Hewitt, Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 2:11 PM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] patch dependencies

Is there an option to list all required patch dependencies of the patch?  I'm
needing that info for systems that are not on the internet.  It would be nice
to run this on a system that is not necessarily in sync with the system that I
need to actually install the patch on.  So for example if I'm running it on a
system that has one of the req patches, but the system I actually install it on
doesn't have that patch, than once I get the patch on the system to install it
I'm missing one of the required patches.  Unfortunately this is a pain for
those of us who have systems not connected to the internet and can't easily get
files back and forth due to security constraints.  I guess I can put the xref
and script on the machine in question but that isn't always an option either.
I guess I could look at the script to modify it for my extreme case, because I
see all deps listed in the xref, unless you have any other options.

Thanks,

Lenny