Hi Michael,

personally I haven't used PCA on Solaris 11 with branded zones, but the uname output you show should not be the problem.

The only difference ("Generic_150400-18" vs "Generic_Virtual") doesn't matter for PCA, as it doesn't use that information. So you problem must be elsewhere.

If "pca -yi missingrs" doesn't show any patches, maybe PCA is right about it? Are there any R/S patches listed when you run "pca -yi missing".

You can send me the three files needed for --fromfiles from the affected system, so I can try it myself.

In the midst of this work the Solaris 10 system that is used as our pca proxy
has gone fubar'd and access to its replacement hardware (a hand-me-down) has
been
delayed until Feb.  So in addition to trying to troubleshoot the missing vs
missingrs
issue I am also trying to move our PCA proxy over to the Solaris 11 patch repo
system.

Getting up the PCA proxy on another system shouldn't be too much work, there are step-by-step instructions in the PCA manual. You can use any system running apache (also Linux, if that helps).

hth,
Martin.