On 11/09/2012 09:20 AM, Fatai Zhang wrote:

Hi Jan,

Hi Fatai,

>The PCE is not limited to path computation only. The PCE can set other LSP parameters as well: RFC5440 defines objects for bandwidth, setup & hold priorities, the local protection flag, etc. More LSP parameters have been added in subsequent RFCs and drafts.

[Fatai] I have to indicate that PCE cannot *set* other LSP parameters. The parameters (eg., bandwidth, priorities, etc) you mentioned are only used for *path computation*.

I agree. The PCE does not set *any* parameters of the LSP. Only PCC can do that PCC. PCE can only provide suggestions and must be fully prepared to have them rejected.

I am not aware of any restriction on what information a PCE is allowed to suggest to be modified, apart from the fact that ERO and BANDWIDTH are explictly included in that set (section 5.1.5 of RFC4657).

Bye,
Robert