Igor,

On Nov 9, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Igor Bryskin wrote:

> Jan,
>
> You said:
> => draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce does not change the control of the LSPs - it
> still remains with the PCC. A network controller would have to be able to
> dynamically add/delete LSPs in order to fit in the model that you described
> above. draft-crabbe-pce-pce-initiated-lsp-00 goes there, but
> draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce does not.
>
> By this you are acknowledging that statefull pce can do a sub-set of things
> that stateless pce - network controller combo is able to do.  So what is the
> point to discuss a solution that is worse than existing one?

What we got here is... failure to communicate.

draft-etf-pce-stateful-pce is about a *stateful* PCE than can make temporal and
spatial decisions about LSP placements. You are trying to compare it to a
*stateless* PCE connected to a controller. Note that a controller can not make
decisions about when to instantiate a particular LSP - the PCE must make those
decisions, if you want to address use cases outlined in
draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce. Note also that a stateless PCE does not have the
knowledge about LSPs in the network, so it can't make the same optimization
decisions as a stateful PCE which does have the knowledge about LSPs; we need
LSP knowledge in the PCE to address use cases outlined in
draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce.

I don't think that one solution is better than the other. They are different,
because they are addressing different issues.

> Igor

Thanks,
Jan