Hi,

Ramon's last line for me is the core of the argument.

> IMHO, with the stateful PCE work we already went beyond the basic
> path computation service.

You might recall (if you are old and carry a grudge) that I was not an
enthusiast for stateful active PCE (i.e., PCInitiate), but like the good soldier
I am, I bowed to IETF consensus and PCE is what it is. More importantly, PCEP is
what it is.

IM(not-very)HO we have already crossed the line and PCEP *is* an SDN controller
(southbound) protocol.

Now the question is: what do we want to be able to do with it?

Obviously, as editor of draft-ietf-teas-pce-central-control, I support PCE-CC.
As discussed in the meeting, I'm not so happy with the mechanisms in the current
solutions drafts. This is because I believe we can actually do (or almost do)
most of the function with existing messages and objects. But that is a question
of detail, not principle.

I would argue that this PCE-CC function doesn't "replace" RSVP-TE, but rather it
replaces other configuration or SDN southbound protocols.

Cheers,
Adrian