> On Aug 7, 2017:7:13 PM, at 7:13 PM, Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk> wrote:
>
> On 07/08/17 13:10, Dhruv Dhody wrote:
>> Hi Oliver,
>
> Hello Dhruv,
>
>> Sorry for a late response and thanks for engaging on this topic. With
>> this response I would try to clear up some misconceptions, some context
>> and counter-viewpoint.  Please see inline…

TOM: Lets not forget that BGP-LS is deployed on a pretty wide scale now both
on the device (pick any major router vendor) and client sides (ODL, etc…), so
the big advantage is that there is something that is not only working, but
deployed
into production.  The latter is important from the IETF’s perspective, as
running and deployed code with a good deal of deployment experience.

        —Tom