Hi All,

We received the following request on our facebook page:
……….
Hi,

I am a science teacher at a school in Oregon and we are trying to have a school
wide bug month. I wanted to get ahold of some people in academia that might be
able to come out and teach the kids about bugs, but I keep running into walls.
I tried Oregon State, but their bug zoo is closed for the season (I know it top
bug time right now :)). Do you guys have any contacts in Oregon that I might be
able to work with. It would be best if it was in the Portland area.

Thanks for any help,
Holly Neill
holly.ne...@lcslions.org<mailto:holly.ne...@lcslions.org>

…………..

Does anyone know of entomologists in the Portland area that might be able to
help Helen out? We need to do our best encourage the next generation of
potential insect lovers!

Please contact Holly by email
(holly.ne...@lcslions.org<mailto:holly.ne...@lcslions.org>)  if you have any
suggestions.

Cheers

Chris

Dr. Chris Borkent
Postdoctoral Researcher
Plant Pest Diagnostics Center
California Department of Food and Agriculture
3294 Meadowview Road<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>
Sacramento, CA 95832, USA<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>

email: chris.bork...@gmail.com<mailto:chris.bork...@gmail.com>
phone: (916) 262-1152<tel:(916)%20262-1152>
fax: (916) 262-1190<tel:(916)%20262-1190>
http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/ppd/staff/cborkent.html