From: Jim Cartan <jcar...@savemountdiablo.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 3:07 PM
Subject: Save Mount Diablo 2015 Bioblitz - Register today!

 Expert Naturalists,

Save Mount Diablo’s 2015 Bioblitz is just around the corner.  Register
today to participate in the 24 hour investigation of the Morgan Fire
footprint, burned in 2013.

*2015 Bioblitz – Morgan Fire Footprint *

2:00 p.m. April 24th to 2:00 p.m. April 25th  - Wrap up barbeque will follow

Save Mount Diablo’s annual BioBlitz event brings together scientists,
naturalists, and volunteers to explore the biodiversity on a given
property.  The 2015 BioBlitz will function as a critical data collection
exercise our flagship Curry Canyon Ranch property and in the Morgan Fire
Footprint.

The Morgan Fire presents a unique opportunity to study post fire effects
and Save Mount Diablo is coordinating scientific research within the fire
footprint.  We are hoping that you can attend and help catalogue the
diverse vegetative and wildlife communities within the burn footprint over
a year after the initial blaze.

Attached is an e-flyer for the event, along with a registration form.
There will be an opportunity to camp on the property and meals will be
provided by save Mount Diablo.  We will provide more details concerning the
event once we have received a completed registration form.

Please forward to colleagues and other qualified naturalists.

*Jim Cartan*

*Stewardship Associate*

*P* (925) 947-3535 *F* (925) 947-0642

<jcar...@savemountdiablo.org>

1901 Olympic Blvd., Suite 320

Walnut Creek, CA 94596

[image: EmailSig_SaveMDLogo_Tag] <http://www.savemountdiablo.org/>

*Preserves* natural lands through acquisition & cooperative efforts;

*Defends* Mount Diablo and its foothills from development threats through
land use planning & public education;

*Restores* habitat, wildlife and creeks & builds trails;

so you and future generations can *Enjoy* Diablo's parks and its wildlife.

Contact info:

Kipling W. Will
Associate Professor/Insect Systematist
Director, Essig Museum of Entomology

send specimens to:
Essig Museum of Entomology
1101 Valley Life Sciences Building, #4780
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-4780

letter mail to:
130 Mulford Hall
ESPM Dept.- Organisms & Environment Div.
University of California
Berkeley, California 94720

fax 510-643-5438