>In the sound control panel in 9.1 there is a facility to record more alerts.
>I tried to get a brief snatch of Sly and the Family Stones (Why not?) from
>an MP3 track I had on CD. Did not work. It asks to record from a CD. Maybe
>an au type would work? Maybe CD is mentioned because I have this as set as
>input. I have some au sounds on HD.
>
>It is a little thing I was reminded of by recent posts on sound... I have a
>7600.
>
>David Elmo

David,

The control panel seems more suitable for recording from built-in mic in
all-in-one Macs/Powerbooks or from an Appletalk mic connected to your
microphone jack at the rear. I've done this a few times by talking/humming
a tune and recording the same. I may have some "Uluru" sounds on a CD I
bought at a gift shop the last time I was at Ayer's Rock.

Charlie

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal