On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:56:04 -0600, Bill Judson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Also the 6500 requires EDO, 60 nanoseconds (per Apple). I have a 6500 & I
> >> tried putting in an FPM dimm, but it wouldn't recognize it. (Even though
> >> the
> >> dimm was represented to me as having been pulled from a 6500.)
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Bill
> >>

> > I've always used FPM DIMMS in my 54-6500's and never had any problems
> > with the non-EDO DIMMS.
> >
> > --
> > Ron
> >
> > http://krowmagnum.4mg.com/
>
> Just reporting my experience. My 6500 may have been fussy, or the FPM DIMM
> mis-labled (although it wound up working fine in a 7200, which proves it was
> some kind of FPM).
>
> Come to think of it (although I don't have it any more to check), the DIMM
> might have been 4k refresh, which is another thing I forgot to mention that
> are reputed not to work on 5400 - 6500 machines. (Only 1 or 2k).
>
> --
>
> Bill

That makes sense, mine are all 2k refresh DIMMS.

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal