In the wee hour of 11:47 AM 5/14/01 -0400, Keith Thompson bequeathed such 
tales as these:
>I have the same ATA card and after searching the net, found that its
>best to put the hard drives on the aTA and the CD/CDRW/DVD drives off
>the MB controller.  The ATA/100 requires that the drive be ATA
>compatable.  Believe that it will work down to ATA33 but I was able to
>update my origional drive (Western Digital) to an ATA66 so that they
>both work fine.  I have a CD and a CDRW drive coupled to the secondary
>controller with the CDRW as master and the CD as slave.  Works just
>great.
>I would question whether the DVD drive is ATA33 or higher and this may
>be the problem.
>
>Keith Thompson
>
>
>
>Ted Mozer wrote:
> >
> > Just installed a Maxtor ATA Card and a 30 Gig Maxtor Drive hung off of 
> it as
> > a second hard drive.  Mother board IDE bus has a 13 Gig Hard drive on one
> > connection and my CD-Rom/Zip drive on the other (master/slave).  Wanted to
> > run a Sony DVD drive off the second connection of the Maxtor card as a
> > master.  Card will not recognize the DVD and will not allow the computer to
> > boot with it attached.  DVD is properly configured as a master.  Any
> > advise??
>

Maxtor says any device to be connected to the controller be ATA100/66/33 or 
EIDE compatible 
http://www.maxtor.com/products/UltraATA100/TechSupport/specs/specifications.htm. 
HTH
Peter Kaulback


I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to