I just received and installed a Creative Labs Extigy, which is a USB connected
external "fancy" Sound Blaster device.  I mainly bought it because of all the
input and output ports available on the unit and because it is claimed that
record audio much cleaner than the on-mother-board sound card system I
presently have in my Micron.  That is yet to be tested, but in the short time
I have had to play with the unit, I have uncovered several questions about
Sound devices and Windows XP.....

When the Extigy is powered on (and plugged in) at bootup, it takes over as the
default sound device (the internal sound card does not function).  When it is
off or unplugged, the internal sound device plays.  When the Extigy is the
sound device, but I access the TV (or other) function of my ATI All-In-Wonder
video card, the Extigy is silenced and the Yahama (internal) sound system is
back in operation.......

Is there a way, in Windows XP Pro, for me to toggle between the two?  Is it
(could it be) possible to have both functioning at the same time (output going
to both devices)?  Where should I look in Windows XP???  (Yeah, I played
around with the features in the "Control Panel" late last night, but could not
find the toggle I was looking for.....).
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to