Original Problem: Using Windows98 I notice a new problem. We know that a computer
freezes once in awhile; must happen to the best of us. But what I notice now is that
after a freeze (and a cold bootup), all the shortcut keys in the start menu stop
functioning and have to be re-configured.

When I go to the Start menu, look at the shortcut's properties ... the key stroke is
still listed but non-functioning. I then have to backstroke the key label, and hit the
shortcut key again, and ok. It's a nuisance re-configuring the shortcut keys after each
freeze and bootup. Can anything be done (besides never having a computer freeze)?

Peter Kaulback suggests: Reformat and reinstall, the favorite past time of windows.
Whenever it begins to get really cranky and forgetful you have to backup, wipe the
drive, and reinstall.

Hi Peter (and any other shortcut key enthusiasts) ... please explain: What should I
reformat and what file should I reinstall? I hope I don't need the entire harddrive
reformatted. In Hewlett-Packard that's called s system recovery (and I back
*everything* up). If it is just some file, I might be able to get it off the recovery
disk
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to