Acrobat is an Adobe program, so it makes sense that it would open Adobe
Illustrator (AI)files. I have Illustrator, so I've never tried that-learn
something every day.
I looked at the Road Runner site, and they offer 5 MB of free space, and if
you poke around their site I'm sure you'll find some kind of "Drag and Drop"
FTP service.There are many placers that offer free web space-50 MB or more
in some cases, that might be more useful.
http://www.freeservers.com/
http://www.freewebspace.net/
Just Google "Free web space" to find many more.
They will all have FTP capabilities of some kind.
If you do this a lot, you can get your own site for less than $100.00/ year.
I use www.abac.com and their "Solo" plan includes 50 MB of space for
$5.95/month (Discounted if you pay a full year.
HS FTP Explorer is an excellent free FTP program
http://www.haysoft.com/hs/s.php3?c=1&k=Network+%26+Internet%3A%3AFTP+Clients
and there are many more-just search on "Free ftp program".
****************************************************************************
*******************************


My husband just handed me an ai file and I attempted
to open it up in Paint Shop Pro just to print it out.
As usual, it couldn't open it. He said "Use OPEN WITH"
and see if another program can open it. This time I
chose Acrobat Reader 6.0, and it opened it!! Yipee!!
Most of the time if we get an ai, all we want to do is
look at it, print it out and send it out as an
attachment.

Acrobat Reader 6.0 was a free download, I think. I
know we can't resize it in Acrobat Reader, only look
at it and print.

Now, I want to ask Hugh how I go about learning FTP
for any "image file" (now I know the more technical
term) that is too large. We have Road Runner Cable,
and also, just in case cable goes down, we have kept
our PacBell Internet Service Provider. Do I call
technical support for PacBell and Road Runner to learn
about FTP?
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to