I don't recall having any sginificant problem with Authehticode, so I
checked my IE security, and Authenticode signing is set to  "Enable" for
both signed and unsigned components under .Net. If you've set it to
"Prompt", changing that may help.
Not sure what you mean by the second question.

I guess I should have pointed in my reply to Hugh, that's not
the *DOWNLOADING* I have a problem with.  The problem I
mentioned is with files ON my computer, on my HD.  It is these
I can't open without that annoying irritating Authenticode
prompt.

So, does the newest version of FF you're using allow the
Windows Taskbar to hover/show in full screen mode like in IE,
or is it still disabled?
-Clint