It's not paranoia, it's something to consider.  It is not
logical to not consider all things involved.

From: "Hugh Vandervoort"
>Gmail offers me an excellent service, and they
>have their own way of getting paid for providing it.

Yeah, by selling their members' email addresses to spammers!  I
created some Gmail accounts for testing and backups, and yes
they work great.  But they are also loaded with Spam and the
email addresses appear nowhere, where this could happen.  (Y is
even worse about this).

>If we've learned anything from the morons currently
>occupying the white house, it's that no email is safe,
>nowhere, nohow, notime.

HA!!  Ho, that was risky!  LOL.  (At the risk of getting
political), I totally agree with that sentiment.  But as far as
email goes, I have no problem with emails getting read if it
helps to catch terrorists or scammers.

>People who are concerned about privacy should
>just stay off the web and never use email.

Well everyone should be concerned about privacy as far as
personal info being disclosed, bought, sold, stolen, etc., and
that doesn't mean they should stay off the web, just do the
right things to prevent it.

>Congress seems to be coming to its senses and
>finally doing something about the abuses that are
>occurring in the name of "patriotism" and "9-11" that
>are threatening the freedoms that we used to take
>for granted.

Yeah that's for sure.

I'm only pointing out that before getting a Gmail account,
users should be aware of what G is capable of doing and should
consider the possibilities therein.  That's not paranoia, it's
just a smart thing to do and always do with any email provider
for that matter.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com
http://www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com
http://Computer-Hardware-Sales-Consumer-Electronics-Sales.com

Clint - OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com wrote:

> http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com/
> -Clint

  • PCWorks: Body ... whckm
    • Re: PCWor... Hugh Vandervoort
      • Re: P... Clint - OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com
        • R... Hugh Vandervoort
          • ... Clint - OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com
            • ... Hugh Vandervoort
        • R... Peter Kaulback
        • R... Peter Kaulback
          • ... Peter Kaulback