=============================
From: "Clint - OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com"
Also, what's the CPU speed shown at POST?  If it shows the
correct speed, well then it's running at the right speed.

When's the last time you reformatted?  Has it always been like
this?  If not, when did it start, after you installed
something?
-Clint
======================
From Roger;
Maybe a place to start...Do you have any anti-virus installed?
If so, have you done a scan lately.
You could also download and install Ad-aware and Spybot-Search
& Destroy.
Run those programs and they might find processes running in the
background
that could be slowing you down.
Defragging the HD wouldn't be out of the question either.
=============================
Original, From: "Paul Gene"

Hi folks,

I have an HP Pavilion, Windows XP(SP1),  760Mb RAM, Celeron
2.50GHz
processor, 40GB hard drive.
My computer is 'slow' to do things; ie: open/close/save
programs. It takes
30 seconds to recognize/open a SanDisk flash drive.
I keep cookies/temp files cleaned.

I ran BCM Diagnostics tests on the processor and it passed
all tests.
However, it said the processor
speed was 0.94GHz. Is that possible? I thought maybe a
processor would
either run like it should or not
run at all. What would make it run slow?