On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

When looking at a file, say pd/src/s_file.c, then there are be dd-specific commits in the history, that's what I mean.

That's been mostly over for a while. Most changes in DesireData in the past year were in merged files with a new name... for example, m_*.c became a new file named kernel.c. Most d_*.c are now builtins_dsp.c, most x_*.c are now builtins.c, etc. Just like desire.c was g_*.c since mid-2005. Some files are still not renamed nor merged, mostly s_*.c.

Many repositories have scripted commit policies that check all sorts of things before allowing a commit, things like it needs to compile, it needs not use deprecate libraries, etc. etc.

Well, neither the PureData nor the DesireData projects have that, and I don't think I've ever heard such scripts being discussed on the pd-dev mailing-list. So, why would it be an issue now?