Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

Through the labors of August and some contributions from Luke and me, there are now libgavl1 and gmerlin-avdecoder1 for Fink. We are working on getting readanysf~ compiling nicely. Now that leads me to wonder: how about getting Gem on Mac OS X to use gavl and gmerlin-avdecoder? I think it'll have much better codec support than Quicktime.

how not to?
which complications do you expect?

Check out all of the codec libs that are included.

obviously these is exactly not the point of having a plugin-architecture...

These will all then automatically be included in Pd-extended:

thanks for your efforts.

gmasdr
IOhannes