On Jun 20, 2011, at 6:55 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

--- On Mon, 6/20/11, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>
Subject: Re: [PD-dev] revised search-plugin.tcl
To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancs...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "pd-dev" <pd-dev@iem.at>
Date: Monday, June 20, 2011, 4:37 PM

That's quite nice, looks and works very well.  You've
taken my sketch and made it something far beyond what it was
originally.

One thing, I notice that for objects' help files, you strip
the paths.

I strip out everything except the immediate parent.  That way you can
still tell the difference between libs-- intimacy/love-help.pd vs.
tennis/love-help.pd.  But I don't see a reason to display
/usr/local/softwares/classic-90s-interfaces/tinytinyscrollbarzplzthx/ pd/doc/externals/Dr.Externals/...

One thing that might be useful to see is whether the library is included or whether its a user-installed lib.

That make sense, except it does the same
for all_about* patches.  Also, that could get confusing
when a search result finds something in an abstraction and
its help file.

I'm just testing it on pd vanilla at the moment: foo.pd displays as foo.pd,
and foo-help.pd displays as foo-help.pd.  Is it different for you?

I'll rethink the all_about* regsub. Probably just displaying "All About
foo" will look decent and not too repetitive...

Yeah, that sounds good.

.hc

-Jonathan

.hc