Georg Holzmann schrieb:
Hallo!

to explain it with an example imagine a sine Signal of appropriate frequency (like 44100/1024 Hz to fit into a 1024-array) with some added white noise
with maverage~ the result would be 0
with the average function i need the result would be a clear sine without noise (if you average over enough blocks)

hm, I don't know if I understand what you want, but maybe you want to only leave correlated signals ?

E.g. noise is highly uncorrelated ...

i tried to realize it with the FIR~ object and an array with all values set to 1 ... and it seemed to work greater array leads to a average of more blocks, but the FIR~ object does some weird things, like shifting my signal which makes it not usable for me

okay, I understand ...

it would be great if someone of you got an idea for me how to solve this problem

what do you want to do with that - only removing noise from a signal ?
my signal is the magnitude of a frequency response of a filter, like a digital pd filter (lop~,lp1~,lp2~) or a real filter connected to my soundcard using filters with a high attenuation (like >60dB) results in a noisy signal at that frequency parts to make the result looking better i'm searching for a function to average this jittering out (like a function most hardware oscilloscopes have)
i don't think that a correlating function would help me with that
with
*** <http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=/gQPU.&search=attenuation>*
|inlet~|
| |biquad~ 0 0 1 1 1|

|/~ 3|

|outlet~|
i can avarage over three blocks, but i need more than that
maybe a recursive solution could help me too but i'm not sure how to do that cause looping is not allowed in pd