Georg Holzmann wrote:
Hallo Martin!
Hi Georg,

Trying to build Pd-extended from CVS (packages/linuxmake/make install) and compilation hangs at

"mrpeach/str/str.c"

That one will only compile if pd is patched to use strings. I tried to make it quietly not compile when the patch isn't applied but I guess it's just breaking everything. You can just delete the whole str folder and try again. Next time I have enough time I'll get it to behave in a civilized fashion...like making a dummy object.

but it also doesn't work in the pd autobuild farm - so there are no daily builds ATM for some platforms !
Ooops!

What is to do to get this working ? Did you apply the patch to the pd-extended autobuilds ?
I just updated str.c in cvs so that it will make a dummy str object if there is no string support in pd. To compile it for string support PD_STRINGS needs to be defined either in m_pd.h or in the makefile CCFLAGS as -DPD_STRINGS. I was waiting for someone who knows what they are doing to apply the patch to pd itself...;)

Martin

LG
Georg