On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Chris McCormick wrote:

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:59:47PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
Now, what about putting each object class of pd in a different package?
I am assuming you mean a different package for each [osc~] [cos] [+]
etc.

That's what I mean.

This would give the user a lot more choice, modularity is flexibility.

grrr, typo, change "is" to "and", to match what you had said before.

But it doesn't seem very practical. Can you tell me of any user who wants
that amount of flexibilty and choice?

Let's wait a bit, there must be someone. However it doesn't mean we'd find that person right away... not even 2% of pd users write on pd-list. Personally I'm interested in rationales used in a feature acceptance process. It's not really a rhetorical question, because I'm really interested in answers.

If we compare pd-extended to how Debian/Ubuntu packages are structured for programming languages like Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, PHP, etc., then pd-extended would be a few dozen packages already.