On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, David Divilly wrote:

I was wondering if you could pass on that work around for using multiple instances of PD for mac .. Thanks a lot

Open the Finder

Get to the Pd application.

Right-click (or Control-click) and select "show package contents". This is because apps are not real "regular files", they are disguised folders.

dig a bit. (there are too many folder levels in there)

one of the files inside is actually a true OSX executable, which is the one OSX loads when you click on the Pd application. I think it's in a folder labeled "MACOSX". Unlike when opening the app, each time you activate this file it opens Pd again. You can have as many as you want this way, just like on Linux.

You can also achieve the same effect by opening a Terminal. Nothing special here: Pd.app will look like an ordinary folder. This will be easy if you already know how to use the Terminal in OSX or Linux.