hello,
sorry, i don't have time, i'm not at home.
so it's a short answer.

I try 2 other way to use msd as an audio generator.
it's not very efficient either.

i think it should not be very difficult to make a msd~ external. anyway, for this aplication, pmpd~ external should be easier to use.

there is no message to change the mass in msd, because equations are linear.
i.e mass=1, K=0.1, D=0.1, F=0.1 is the same than mass=10, K=1,D=1,F=1:

++
marius schebella a écrit :
one more.
not at all cpu-friendly but a real msd.
m.

Andy Farnell wrote:

You're a hero Chuck. This tallys well with the equations in Perrys book.
What I was missing is the step where you get the transfer function.

I made (attached) a little test rig. What isn't looking right is the underdamped
behaviour. I was expecting to see a decaying oscillation around the top
point. Maybe my test has errors.

a.

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:16:29 -0500