My guess is because pix_buffer stores uncompressed frames, which are much bigger. But I could be wrong.

.hc

On Jun 23, 2008, at 6:18 PM, rainer _ wrote:

Hi,
just have rebuilt one of my patches to fetch single videoframes not from harddisc but from RAM with the pix_buffer objects. It works great, about 20 times faster - the problem is I can`t load more than 960 frames of Quicktime DV PAL in RAM and the 2 GB of RAM are full.... this is strange because the hole file of about 4 min. has about 500 MB.

Any idea why?

 GEM Vers. 0.90 on WinXP

thanks,
Rainer

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!