Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

Yeah, you need to compile on 10.4 to make it 10.4 compatible. It should also be possible to use -isysroot to compile for 10.4 on 10.5 if you want to try that.

the isysroot seems to work ok so far.

About .d_fat, I think it is probably best to avoid that. .pd_darwin works well with fat/universal binaries and will cause much less confusion. I don't think .d_fat been used anywhere except for 4 objectclasses in extra. I have been using .pd_darwin universal binaries, and Thomas Grill has as well.

do i understand correctly, that there is no real argument against d_fat in the above?

btw, most universal binaries maintained by thomas musil are d_fat.

fgmadr
IOhannes