On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Frank Barknecht wrote:

A bit shorter, less effective and because of list-conversion not fully
transparent, but still handy is this idiom:
[list prepend 0]

[route 0 1]
Send 0 and 1 to the prepend's right inlet to switch outlets. It becomes more
useful with more choices.

Interesting, but I very very much expect a demuxer to be generic enough to apply uniformly to all selectors even "list". This disqualifies pretty much everything with [list] and [route] in them, as both have special cases for list-selectors that are hard to compensate for. I definitely don't want to be programming like that. When I think about getting the a message to the right place, I want to do so without having to think about the content of the message... especially for something as common as a list selector.