On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Chris McCormick wrote:

IIRC, one of their complaints from last year was that our application had too many parts. Next time we should pick just one or two specific tasks and go with them. Maybe with a community vote or whatever. Also, I hate to be cynical, but I can't see any way even remotely in which Google could use Pd to make a profit. ;) Thanks for your huge effort anyway, Hans and Georg.

It's not just that, it's that Pd is still relatively non-mainstream. I can imagine plenty (or even most) of programmers being allergic to Pd and thinking it's messy, difficult to program with, and generally an exercise in contorsion. I mean, what do you do with a language that has no builtin [demux] (that's called an if-else anywhere else), in which hot-vs-cold is troublesome (else [expr] wouldn't be *so* attractive), etc.; if programmers that don't use pd had a better opinion of pd, some things like this could have more of a chance. That's when supposing Google is trying to stay neutral and not selecting for profit. Else it's an ever harder game, I suppose.