hello

Frank Barknecht a écrit :
Hallo,
cyrille henry hat gesagt: // cyrille henry wrote:

nice to see all of this good stuff in pure vanilla pd.

i've got some questions : -why this is not available in pd-extended / in pd
svn?

The rjdj-svn is the canonical location for rj-lib, but of course as it's
GPL/BSD it can be copied anywhere. For contributions we can only accept stuff
that either is BSD or transfers copyright to Reality Jockey as we want to avoid
legal problems as a distributor of rjlib to others ("others" currently includes
Apple, so we have to be extra-extra cautious about this.)
ok.

-did you benchmark e_beequad~ regarding to bequad~ specially when cutoff /
band is change frequently)

Do you mean to "biquad~" or what is "bequad~"? biquad~ in Pd should be a lot
faster, but I didn't benchmark it.
yep, tipo, i mean biquad~.
of course biquad~ look faster, but i'm wondering how many times...
i'll have to look at performance when i'll have more time.

-have you noticed that in svn/nusmuk/osc you can find lot's better bl saw
that you can use (ok, it use expr~, but you can easily remove it). this bl
oscillator use a personal enhancement of miller technique.

No, I hadn't seen this. It doesn't seem to need the [samphold~] which would be
cool to avoid anyway. Could you elaborate the algorithm a bit and how it's
better?
it's sound lot's better!
isn't that the aim?
(i think it is almost perfect, and can easily be enhanced)
try to fft's it if you're not convinced.

i think  i would take me 1/2h to explain in french exactly what i made.
so i really can't explain it in a mail in english.

in miller algorythm, the quick transition of the saw is replaced with a softer
transition.
this is fine.
but the switch from saw~ to the soft transition is causing problem.

in "my" algo the transition is based on sinus cardinal (is that the english
name?) and last for a whole period of the waveform.

if you need more explanation, you'll have to ask some math geek. (mathieu
maybe?)

I think, currently it's probably a bit slower because of the sin(), but maybe
that could be put into a tabread~.
i think the sin object is doing a linear interpolation in a 512 point table.
(don't know how it is done in expr~, but expr~ is not used for rjlib because of
it's licence, right?)

Cyrille

Ciao