On Apr 29, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Luke Iannini wrote:

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

On Apr 29, 2009, at 6:24 AM, Chris McCormick wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:47:46PM -0700, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

Hi list,
Here's a pd-vanilla subpatch that outputs an abstraction's creation
   arguments as a list.  Just copy and paste "pd arguments" to your
abstraction and it should work. It will output a single bang only if
no
creation arguments are supplied, so you can check whether they exist
or
not. I offer it as a kind of condensed alternative to Matt Barber's
   approach that was posted awhile back (which I cannot find at the
   moment).

Whoa, this is pretty intense dynamic patching-fu. I'm really impressed!
Thx for
sharing.

It is a nice hack. That reminds me, wasn't there a patch (as in a diff of C code) to add $# and $@ to Pd's object argument handling? That would make
this stuff much easier...
Yo,
I naively had a go at fixing up IO's $#/$@ patch for 42-4 -
removing the lines:
if(msp+argc >= ems)
 {
   error("message stack overflow");
   goto broken;
 }

as suggested by
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/pd/src/m_binbuf.c?r1=8186&r2=9108
seems to do the trick - I've got a cleanly built 42-4 with $@ $# expansion.

Here's the modified patch, I'll put it in the patch tracker if there
are no complaints.
Best
Luke

No reason to not submit it to the patch tracker. I guess I never included this in Pd-extended before because I was nervous about unforseen bugs. It sure would be nice to have some kind of automatic regression testing...

Chris.

<dollargcargv-pd-0.42-4.patch>