about the library loading thing: is it possible to put vanilla loading before all other libraries as default? that should ensure vanilla-compatibility before anything else.
IMHO there ideally shouldn't be overlap between vanilla and other libraries, at least in names, so that if someone comes out with some different really funky [dac~] they should call it [funkydac~] and not [dac~] but I may be wrong there.

This makes me also think: for compatibility it might be interesting to think of some kind of 'dependency checking' aid for when one wants to distribute stuff, helping you check what additional stuff is needed rather than vanilla, especially for slightly bigger projects.

Kind regards,
Lorenzo