On Nov 19, 2009, at 5:47 PM, Dan Wilcox wrote:

Howdy Patrick,

From: "Pagano, Patrick" <p...@digitalworlds.ufl.edu>
Date: November 19, 2009 11:30:36 PM GMT+01:00
To: PD List <pd-list@iem.at>
Subject: [PD] Pd Scene Change?

Is there a way to make Pd behave similar to Isadora/SFX type products by having it “step” through different patches sequentially?

Isadora uses “jumps” that are usually triggered by keyboard mappings, like space bar etc..

SFX uses a “GO” button which pretty much does the same thing stepping through CUEs when clicked.

I would like to see if we could have 4 different pd patches and step through them with a keyboard or some external/HID input

Has anyone done this already? I am assuming qlist, but I would love to see a working example before I try to reinvent the wheel.

I have a similar setup where a master playlist contains a list of song patches. I go from song to song by closing the current patch and loading the next. I haven't abstracted the playlist functionality yet, but I have made the patch open and close abstraction ... [rc-openclose]. The playlist is basically just a wrapper for a [coll] object.

Transitions are rough (may cause clicks/dropouts), if anyone has a way to do a smooth transition when opening and closing a patch while audio is playing, please let me know.

Check it out in http://danomatika.com/software/rc-patches/ ...

Load them all in advance, then use [switch~] to turn them on/off.

.hc

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com